Author Topic: Perfumes & Jewellery  (Read 334 times)

Offline Mrscy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
Perfumes & Jewellery
« on: November 22, 2021, 09:51:41 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone imported perfumes? It is worth it? Does it work out cheaper? Alibaba?

Please recommend a local manufacturer of jewellery that does not so expensive pieces for weddings.

Offline Kshah

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Perfumes & Jewellery
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 08:09:16 AM »
I saw this on a massive two page spread in the Sunday Times this weekend past. Looks an interesting prospect.... Anybody here tried them?

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:20:08 AM by FranZAR »
Shah

Offline JayMac

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 08:21:01 AM »
Ascot Cosmetics in South JHB (and online) often has very good perfume specials

Offline Baseline

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 09:46:52 AM »
@Mrscy, you will want to be careful with cosmetics. There is a local company called Extreme Fragrances and several others similar in nature. They claim to import the original fragrances but, state that there may be some slight differences in the formula as they are either factory errors in formulation or designed for a different market. They certainly look identical but, it is all BS as far as I am concerned. It is clearly knockoffs and some are pretty good whilst others are far off the mark. When it comes to fragrances, it is best to stick to reputable stores and ensure that you are getting the genuine article since they tend to be pricey.
As far as Alibaba goes, I do import electronics and things like banana plugs or spade connectors but, since some Chinese companies like to deal in fakes, I would not chance buying things like fragrances which are widely faked. After spending your money and stressing on when or if your goods will arrive, it will be a major disappointment to realize that you have also received a fake product that does not smell as it should.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 09:57:44 AM by Baseline »
.It's all about the Music.

Offline santoshlv426

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
    • MODERN BUSINESS
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 09:45:56 PM »
Check out Loot.
They are independent importing all the classic fragrances.
Many of which you cant buy here.

And it's the real thing