Author Topic: BBQ Smoking  (Read 2428 times)

Offline andredt

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Re: BBQ Smoking
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 08:30:08 AM »
I got around to getting a very good cut of brisket from Beliner in Paulshoff. They were very helpful and patient with me selecting a cut I was happy with.

Cooked it hot and fast on the offset smoker this time and I've finally been able to get easily the best results I've ever had.

Karabo i think you need to share your recipe with us how do you spice your meat, any tips and advice for a first time smoker? I have been wanting to do this for a while.
For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz Yamaha Micro Seiki

Offline Telephono

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 04:37:06 PM »
Very nice! Great bark on that. Looks delicious.  :2thumbs:

Offline Karabo C

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 07:24:14 PM »
Karabo i think you need to share your recipe with us how do you spice your meat, any tips and advice for a first time smoker? I have been wanting to do this for a while.

Sorry, only seeing this now. Iím not on the forum as much these days.

Long story short, the recipe is as simple as it gets Ė salt, pepper, a touch of paprika for colour and thatís it.

Best piece of advice I can offer is that technique is very important than anything else and is very difficult to get right, for brisket especially and also especially on entry level smokers you get at Makro, Builders etc. Iíve ruined many a brisket until I honed my technique.  There really is no substitute for plenty of practice irrespective of the smoker you happen to use.

Iíve since got a large custom offset smoker that cooks far easier than the smaller, thin metal one I started off on. Unfortunately life has been such that I hardly ever use it these days.