ifi Zen DAC Signature Edition

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, so Amanda from Audio Exchange calls me to say ifi Streamer has arrived.
Excited I rush over to take a look and immediately I?m a little disappointed, not because there is anything wrong with the streamer, but more because I had expectations beyond what this product offers. I want a full size component with an OLED display.
So, [member=1356]Francois[/member] comes up and chatting as we usually do, he shows me the Zen DAC Signature V2 that arrived and for shits and giggles I take one, along with the 4.4mm to XLR ifi cable. Now, having recently paid more than double for a Denafrips DAC, I was really not expecting much from this DAC. Man was I wrong.

I thought it would be ok, and I?d use this ifi until my Pontus arrives (not yet ordered) and then move it to the office.
Synergy is obviously a big factor and this DAC, together with my Valve Audio Predator and Lyras seem to be an amazing match.
Perhaps the Pontus order will wait, this small ifi Zen DAC Signature V2 has honestly astounded me for the money.
I had the Neo DSD for a short time, but in fairness, it was paired with a Marantz power amp, and it was not nearly as impressive as this combination is. This is a winner for me. I?m thinking I?m likely to be late to bed tonight and even later to work tomorrow morning. Thank you Francois for the recommendation, I?m still a little shell shocked. More listening đź‘‚ will reveal more over time, but this is a great DAC.

Latest posts