Lumous Audio and my new Cayin iHA-6

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score
It's an unfortunate fact that the Head-Fi community in South Africa is a tiny niche within a niche.
Since our market is so small, it has been a constant challenge to obtain the type of desirable gear we all read about on HeadFi et al.

Rand weakness, shipping costs, VAT and the rest have conspired to make getting our sweaty hands on prime gear a significant (and risky) challenge.
Don't even mention SAPO...

Essentially the costs involved have largely contibuted to our little community struggling to grow.

A small group of enthusiasts and entrepreneurs has taken note and so began Lumous Audio.

Their goal is a noble and necessary one: to provide world class gear to the local market at prices comparable to what one would pay anywhere in the world.
This of necessity meant negotiating favourable terms from some very established companies, and very small profit margins.

It is most gratifying to see that they have to date become agents for some of the very best brands out there.
It would have taken guts and determination, and for this the SA Head-Fi community should be most grateful.

I took the plunge and ordered a Cayin iHA-6 from them a few weeks ago, at a price cheaper than almost anywhere else on the planet, all things considered.
It was a bargain just waiting to be taken advantage of, and I do enjoy those!

Frankly, I would have paid twice the price for an amp this good, and the ordering and fulfillment process was a pleasure.
Local stock on hand meant fast delivery and very importantly, local guarantee and backup.
A risk free process with excellent and attentive service at a superb price - what more could one want?

I am in the process of stringing a few sentences together on the iHA-6 and will post these impressions shortly.

In the meantime, KUDOS again to the gentlemen of Lumous Audio for making me a very happy camper (not the easiest thing I might add...)!

Latest posts