Open Chat > Open Talk

Res-queuing data from tablet

(1/2) > >>

Dumb and Dumber:
My Lenovo tablet started with problems regarding its battery since about 2 years ago, but I could still use it everyday. Its got a lovely 13.3 inch screen, so despite me having bought a new 10.1 inch tablet, I still used it 80% of the time.
Problem now is, 2 days ago it received a system update, which included ''better battery Management'' my tablets battery went from 32% to 0%, despite it being switched off overnight.
I therefore cannot switch it on.
I have stuff on it that I never backed up and would very much not like to lose. I just want to transfer it now to my PC now.
The reason I never backed it up was because for some reason, not my PC, nor my laptop could see the data when I connected the tablet to it.
I will use Bluetooth to transfer the files.

How do you open such a tablet?
Can I disconnect the battery and couple another battery of the same voltage just to get done what I need to do?
I will also try to reverse the update and see if I cannot get it going again, if I can just switch it on. The adapter does not seem to deliver enough power to keep it running.

Thanks to whoever can help me :)

tangmonster:
I have had a situation where an old tablet the battery goes undervoltage.
There is a safety circuit on the battery that goes opencircuit. You cannot charge this device from the charging port , too little currect etc etc.

Option 1:

open unit.

Disconnected battery connector

Use a bench supply set to 4.2V and current limited to 2 amps.

And BOOST battery to life for about 30 seconds.

Reconnect battery and charge.

Note: this battery is possibly stuffed either case.

Option 2:

open unit.

Disconnected battery.

source new battery

replace battery

close unit.

Curlycat:
Option 3:
Take it to your local cellphone shop aka "Pakistani Shop" and ask them to help.
Their pricing is very reasonable.

kamikazi:
I'm not sure what buttons you have on the tablet, but if it has a power key and volume up or down key, you could try booting it using a combination of pwr + volume up, or pwr + volume down, if that works and you get to a system boot menu, then you can attempt to clear the system cache from there (check if you can find a guide online). The software update could have messed around with your battery stats or caused a corruption and if you reset the system cache this could force your Android system to re-initialize the battery stats and then it should behave as normal again.

chrisc:
My local Bangladeshi mobile phone shop owner got a dead iPad going again.  He charged me R50 for the trouble.   It had some photos and videos on it that were needed

I can hardly understand his English but a very friendly fellow and good at his job

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version