Apple shop and iTunes account disabled - what now?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisF

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I made the mistake to pass my previous iPhone on to my DiL some time ago. She opened her own Apple ID account - or whatever - and that caused a major disruption that I am not going to go into now. We got that sorted but two days ago a friend sent me a whatsapp (wa) that that I did not actually receive but a message in its place stated that my version of WA cannot access the one from the sender, and there was a link in this message that read ?Update WhatsApp?. I then proceeded to do the download but that is when I discovered that the Apple ID on my new phone was still my DiL?s e-mail. The upshoot of it all after we eventually sorted that is an error message I get when I try to download the new WA that stated ?Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes.?
Now what the heck? Anyone knows how to make this problem go away?

Anyway, learn this lesson from me: never pass an iPhone on to anybody. Either keep it or destroy it.

I should also add that this morning I had a notification on my phone to the effect that I have until (some) days to download the new version of WA. I tried to do that, with the same result I describe above.