Audio and Video Talk > Digital

HELP: NAD C510 DAC Popping Sound

(1/1)

XL1000:
I have a NAD C510 and when running off Roon I get erratic popping sounds like static electricity through the speakers.
Having tried all different settings I'm at a loss of what to do.
Mac Mini - Same PC my Denfrips runs off without issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Nikkel:
Don't know MAC or Roon that well but is there a latency setting for "live" playback in Roon which can be adjusted?

I assume it could be that as I'm going off JRiver... where I had this issue when up sampling to 8xDSD

Ek kan ook die pot heeltemaal mis sit :giggle:

Wolvebain:
@XL1000 , can you try a different transport (like an diff PC/laptop) or even a different digital input (like optical?)
Could be an issue with the USB of the NAD

Drifter:
Is it only when using Roon that you get the pops?
So if you use something live VLC it works fine?

The C510 is not a Roon tested device but neither is the Denafrips so it should make no difference as long as you are connected from the Mac mini to the DAC via USB.

Check the volume as well. Fix the system volume in Roon at 100% and use the NAD's volume control (if you use the NAD as pre-amp).

XL1000:

--- Quote from: Drifter on October 03, 2021, 09:21:19 PM ---Is it only when using Roon that you get the pops?
So if you use something live VLC it works fine?

The C510 is not a Roon tested device but neither is the Denafrips so it should make no difference as long as you are connected from the Mac mini to the DAC via USB.

Check the volume as well. Fix the system volume in Roon at 100% and use the NAD's volume control (if you use the NAD as pre-amp).

--- End quote ---

Ok, so I was not much looking into battling with this unit, so the second the seller heard I had an issue, he offered to refund in full.
All I really wanted was to fill a gap in a rack of a NAD system I have. To stream, I have LSB for HiRes audio.
So may I thank you for the advice but this one is solved.

No to start the Roon ROCK project. calling all NUC users. Going to set up a NUC and run Roon ROCK on it for my DAC.
I think taking the Mac Mini out of the equasion is a good idea as it has other uses to me it can perform besides doing jusy music playback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version