Whisky recommendations and obituary

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moog

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have been away from the forum for quite a while and learned with profound shock about the untimely passing of Guillaume (William in English) . I only learned with profound shock of his passing away when i visited vynil Junkie! last WEEK. Guillaume had been at my my place a month or two before passing away and adjusted the speed of my Origin live electronic power supply and also changed the cartridge. Guillaume , man , you were taken too early. I really enjoyed and appreciated our engagements. My last thoughts that i remember was when you were playing the composition, Timbiku and Ry Cooder, i think. Out of respect for me you even asked your kids (twice to reduce their volume so that you can engage a client (me) You played a CD version and then the same works on vynil and when when i asked you why you did nod not state you position on the vynil versus cd on the forum, you just gave me a knowing look. This also takes me to my debate position many years ago when many were lambasting Chinese audio products, even to the extent of asking me about my qualification and you , despite your vast knowledge , remained silent about this. Npow same forum members are even selling and promoting the virtues of some Chinese audio products ( I am not Chinese by the way). If you look at this question critically, you can see that this approach is unfounded because even if my qualifications might be better than yours, please remember we are talking about audio here,unless you are Mr Nelson Pass, and these type of people do descent to that level.

Now Guillaume, i regret that you were taken away so early in your life and i should register my shock as others have done already.

Being a devout (did i say devout)? whisky drinker myself i am starting this thread for a different purpose, that is to recommend different brands and my experiences, which compared to others might not be that extensive. Being a diabetic i tend to drink more whisky than any other beverages because of the sugar content. Of course my recommendation is not meant to be universal and is not targeted to the those with immense financial means but to the average guy or girl and therefore it might not meet with some peoples needs. i will therefore focus in the low to medium side of the market and my recommendation is as follows:

1) Bains single grain. (low price)
2) Bells blended (Low price) I have read somewhere that this one sells more than any whiskey in the UK)'
3 Glen Fiddich 12 year old medium price)

Any other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator: