Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

APPLE OSX DOWNLOAD ISSUES

(1/2) > >>

XL1000:
I have a Mac Mini and when trying to reset to factory and reinstall the OS it keeps failing. Network is connected and the download starts.
It reports millions of hours till done.Usually a task that takes minutes so clearly something wrong.
Anyone know anything?

kolakidd:
Hey. What version of Mac OS is currently on the machine and what version is the mini?

A re-install is normally as simply as pressing power and the. Holding command r. That gets you into Mac OS recovery. In recovery you can reinstall the OS.

XL1000:

--- Quote from: kolakidd on September 28, 2021, 07:24:08 PM ---Hey. What version of Mac OS is currently on the machine and what version is the mini?

A re-install is normally as simply as pressing power and the. Holding command r. That gets you into Mac OS recovery. In recovery you can reinstall the OS.

--- End quote ---

I am running the latest version but the recovery process had me delete the drives contents. The install starts but fails a few minutes in.

kolakidd:
If you have another Mac you could try creating a bootable OS X Installer.

Another obvious one is to just check the disk integrity with disk utility, but it doesnít sound like that would be the issue. You could check the drive format, although the OS should take care of that on install. Another thing could be the network, itís pretty rare, but in the past I have had an issue on my network create an issue with Mac synching, that was on wifi though, so Ethernet should take care of that.

The only other issue I picked up on the web was related to a mismatch between OS release date and machine. This was corrected by altering time and date manually.

Juggy:
Can you not download the ISO image, burn a bootable flash drive and boot from it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version