Audio and Video Talk > General Discussion

Front and centre speakers are humming/buzzing

<< < (2/14) > >>

HB:
Eish.  :be: Unfortunately it seems as though it's the amp based on your trial and error process. I am no expert and certainly wouldn't rule out software.
Either way it seems you need to have it checked out.

naks:
I also did a Factory Reset, no change

A few owners also report the same issue on the AVS Forums, with many having troubleshooted the same way and even further - someone even moved the AVR to another house!

Will take it up with the shop, I hope they will come to the party and help resolve this.

Phase:

--- Quote from: naks on September 25, 2021, 01:14:33 PM ---I also did a Factory Reset, no change

A few owners also report the same issue on the AVS Forums, with many having troubleshooted the same way and even further - someone even moved the AVR to another house!

Will take it up with the shop, I hope they will come to the party and help resolve this.

--- End quote ---

Will be interesting to see how this ends?

Drifter:
Same issues with the NAD T778 - even worse.
As I have said before, NAD knows how to make a good amp, unfortunately they know diddly squat from software.

I hope the dealer helps you .......

naks:

--- Quote from: Drifter on September 25, 2021, 02:48:01 PM ---Same issues with the NAD T778 - even worse.
As I have said before, NAD knows how to make a good amp, unfortunately they know diddly squat from software.
I hope the dealer helps you .......
--- End quote ---

You might be on the money here: although I only had the unit 2 days before I left to go on holiday, I'm fairly sure that the hum/buzz was not there, and only appeared after I did the BluOS update yesterday when I got back.

Having said that, this is what a dealer told me about the T778 having many issues:

"All I can say is bullocks...
We have sold between 40 and 50 units since a little bit more than a year ago and we have had NO issues whatsoever
Due to the excellent streaming capability and fast processors used in the unit, the issues we had were wi-fi and internet based where client’s networks do not deliver the basics that are required!
Dirac is direct on-line internet reliant and if the internet is not of a certain standards there will be issues..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version