Review website - please feel free to visit

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanjammy

AVForums Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
In the early 2000s, Deon Schoeman and I brainstormed what we surely believed would be our ticket to the 'big time'  ;). A website.

It was designed as an offshoot of AVSA, a digital-only presence that would quickly establish content-supremacy in the dot-com bubble euphoria. We called it AVInside, and registered the domains quickly, to grab our corner of the web.

Within a few months, the US market had crashed, the bubble burst and it was clear that avsa.co.za was probably the way forward. We maintained the site, and it morphed over time.

Interestingly, Intel sent a demand to the AVSA publisher - Bob Pryers - that we hand over the AVInside domains forthwith (remember Intel Inside?), and we kakked ourselves and told them be our guest...

So when I decided to build what I would like to read, I went to check if the name, which is dear to me for sentimental reasons. Lo and behold - it was available. Kismet,

So I have started to build a small review site for HiFi. This is not a community site, or a forum, nor do I have the intention for it to become one. However I would love people from this space to contribute (reviews, guides, sysem showcases etc). This can become the place for industry that is so desperately needed. 

Here is the link to the first story - would love some feedback.

https://avinside.co.za/2021/09/21/machine-review-aurender-n100h-streamer-and-server/

Latest posts