Bicycles

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ummagumma

AVForums Member
Reaction score
For the cyclists in this forum (hope there is at least 1). I was the proud owner of a vintage Tommasini bicyle equiped with Campagnolo record. It was a true work of art and the ride was sublime. Last year I sold my baby and baught a Merida scultura 5000 decked out with a shimano ultegra groupset, to see how carbon fiber compares to steel. I am sad to report that a carbon fiber bicycle is not as good as everyone says. Its harsh and noisy, especially on a south african road. I miss my old steel frame. I hate shimano by the way, it just can not compete with campagnolo. Yesterday I was doing 90km/h down a mountain pass and I got into a bit of trouble when I hit a rough patch in the road. The bicycle shook voilently and started to wobble, I held on for dear life and pedalled through it. I am hesitant to get back on the bicyle. Does any one here have the same experience with carbon fiber bikes or is it just my bike that does this.

Latest posts