Bad pressings thread

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoziNic

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
With the topic that Fracnois27 started asking what are decent pressings or recordings worth getting on vinyl & subsequent responses.

It seems many of us prefer to buy new records (newly pressed/new sealed) that are of decent quality from a pressing perspective (low noise, channel separation etc) & decently recorded (mastered, mixed etc) especially due to the expense of buying new records...(I certainly do, especially if its something I haven't heard before, which then in most cases I'll listen first on chosen streaming platform to get a feel, sometimes 3 or 4 tracks and then decide so I can still get a surprise if I decide to buy it, or the whole album).

Which got me to thinking, what we actually need is a thread which we can earmark BAD pressings or albums that you'd hoped sounded great but didn't whether bad pressing or recording or both (let's try keep it to new records).

A particular stand out for me is Kings of Leon, Walls.
This album sounds brilliant on streaming platforms as well as Itunes, the rationale then would be that the record would sound even better, I was utterly disappointed by the quality of the pressing of the record, I would urge nobody to spend on it, bass was VERY flat compared to the streaming version, detail slightly more muffled. just very underwhelming

Latest posts