Author Topic: Penultimate song from my upcoming album and one of my most ambitious...  (Read 451 times)

Offline PeterH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
    • Foxglove Studios
I've just finished and uploaded the video of the penultimate song and video from my upcoming album. This track has been in the works for the past three to four months. In that time I've survived getting the dreaded Covid amongst other things.

The track is in two parts and I used alternate acoustic guitar tunings as an experiment. My good friend Mark Beling (also a guitarist) caught Covid at the same time as I did and I decided that when we get through the recovery I'd invite him to contribute to the song.

I also had my usual drummer (Larry Rose) and Hammond/piano player (Dave Sharp) play on the track.

I used a some stock video and video that I filmed to accompany the audio which I think worked out quite nicely.

The song (both parts) runs for about ten minutes, so definitely not for those who love three and a half minute songs.

I hope that you enjoy this track as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GVBsZjG5k

Offline PeterH

• AVForums Junior Member
    • Foxglove Studios
Re: Penultimate song from my upcoming album and one of my most ambitious...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 11:38:18 AM »
:clap:

I like it a lot! In fact I'd like to hear it in HD on my proper system.

Thanks for the comment! Yes, I'm afraid that Youtube doesn't do the audio any favours!

Offline Ummagumma

• Commercial Member
    • OhmsHiFi
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 12:09:44 PM »
 :2thumbs: :clap:Well Done
For long you live and high you fly. The smiles you give the tears you cry. And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline AlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing Peter. Well done and everything of the best in realizing your latest dream.

Is that a Gibson Les Paul you are playing and your colleague, which Fender (it has a lovely tone) ?

I know you have possible been asked this question many times(my apologies ) : Are you related to Paul Hanmer, if yes, what's happened to him , where is he ? Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 01:40:38 PM by AlleyCat »
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline ghostinthemachine

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dewald
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 01:54:47 PM »
Very well done!
Hi-Fi is what YOU make of it. See my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dewaudioza & my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1YZJWgrGwdCYSyGP8JEd7Q

Offline IvMan

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »
 :thumbs:
Nice Dire Floyd esque vibe there.
Well done

Offline PeterH

• AVForums Junior Member
    • Foxglove Studios
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 09:04:52 AM »
Thanks for sharing Peter. Well done and everything of the best in realizing your latest dream.

Is that a Gibson Les Paul you are playing and your colleague, which Fender (it has a lovely tone) ?

I know you have possible been asked this question many times(my apologies ) : Are you related to Paul Hanmer, if yes, what's happened to him , where is he ? Thank you.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Thanks for the wishes AlleyCat! The guitars are Tokais which are made in Japan. The Japanese versions of these guitars are hand made and the quality is superb.

I'm not related to Paul Hanmer and yes, I do get asked that quite a bit.

Cheers.

Offline AlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:53:17 PM »
Hi Peter

Thanks for replying, missed this today.

I have a friend whom asked about the guitars, he was a forumite and has no interest in ever coming back here. I shared you video with him and he was impressed, and is a guitarist too. He was dead set on thinking it was a Gibson. We are never to old to learn. Nice guitar, well done Japan.

Thanks on the Paul Hanmer bit. It's sad to see so many of our local talent disappearing. Guitarist James Scholfield (I have an SACD) is now resident in Germany, love the music he made with Natascha Roth, among others, an excellent guitar player.

Some of the record companies are to blame : I recently tried to search for Natacha's music, I have a few, and there's virtually no metadata or decent info on her. Same on some other local artists.

Here's info/video  on John Scholfield for those interested :

http://jamesscholfield.com/

Peter, you have two people that will buy your cd when it finally comes out. Cheers.

"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Gerry1965

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 09:01:32 AM »
Blooming awesome  :groovy:

Offline PeterH

• AVForums Junior Member
    • Foxglove Studios
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 03:55:15 PM »
Blooming awesome  :groovy:

Thank you Gerry!

Came across more spectacular work here last night, if I may be so forward Mr Hanmer: https://youtu.be/jdVnL-CxtJ8

Thanks so much Pax!

Wow! That was a while ago!

Cheers!