Author Topic: Denafrips Ares II Dac  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Nirvana

Re: Denafrips Ares II Dac
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2021, 04:19:36 PM »
Wish I/all of us could be there to share in your bliss on Saturday Aaron! You now have a truly beautiful setup to enjoy over many "bottles of something really special".   :dop:

Yes, there are many reasons why VA is treasured - not least of all, the revered Spyder himself!   :mates:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2021, 06:09:19 PM »
Nirvana, Audio Nirvana, Audirvana, etc..., who cares, as long as you are having bliss & good times listening to your tunes.

(Been battling today getting used to multi-focals, didn't know it messes you up this bad).
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline XL1000

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2021, 07:15:06 PM »
Nirvana, Audio Nirvana, Audirvana, etc..., who cares, as long as you are having bliss & good times listening to your tunes.

(Been battling today getting used to multi-focals, didn't know it messes you up this bad).

Ditched mine in a day, bloody awful are those.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline tptb

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2021, 09:54:10 AM »

Once you get used to them they are brilliant.  The first time driving was an adventure to get out of the parking lot. 
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Offline Musicologist

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »
A good thread indeed.
I've seen the future of Rock and Roll and his name is Bruce Springsteen - Jon Landau

Offline XL1000

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2021, 05:26:27 PM »
A good thread indeed.

Heading for 50 post count no doubt…😉
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Musicologist

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2021, 07:48:25 PM »
You read me like a book.  :vsad:
I've seen the future of Rock and Roll and his name is Bruce Springsteen - Jon Landau

Offline Musicologist

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2021, 07:50:46 PM »
But I bought one from a forum member today. So iI did enjoy the thread.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2021, 08:49:19 PM »

Fantastic DAC, enjoy it. I’m getting the ifi Zen Streamer tomorrow to pair with the Signature DAC. I’ll give an opinion after the weekend’s listening.

Offline Dippies

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2021, 07:29:11 AM »
You will be a happy listener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2021, 08:20:20 PM »
Twittering Machines Michael Lavorgna's 'Favorite Dacs' includes both the Denafrips Ares II and the Pontus. The KTE May DAC ($4999.99) is also among the lot with the most expensive being the dCS Rossini ($23,999).

Denafrips ARES II ($780)

Why beat around the proverbial bush? The Denafrips ARES II is my favorite DAC anywhere near its price. I could live with the ARES II as my only DAC. Easily. Happily…That the Denafrips ARES II delivers all of this goodness for $780, seven hundred and eighty smackers!, is cause for celebration. Bravo!

Denafrips PONTUS II ($1700)

When coupled with the Denafrips IRIS DDC (review), the PONTUS II provides a purity of sound that cuts through reproduction and gets to the heart of the matter. No strings attached.

https://twitteringmachines.com/twittering-machines-favorite-dacs/

That's not bad company at all Denafrips. As the Aussies will say : 'Well done Mates'!

"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline AlleyCat

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2021, 08:33:59 PM »
Been listening to Guy Buttery's 'Songs from The Cane Fields', 'When I Grow Up' among the 4 albums I have and seriously impressed by the sounds generated by the Ares II.

My Vivids and system shines through them. Speed, attack, articulation, separation with coherency, musical flow, tone & timbre, huge sound-stage - all a joy to listen too. It also helps massively that the albums are well recorded.

Offline tptb

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 03:33:54 PM »
Ares arrived today.  Rather enjoying it already.  Don't really want to hear the Pontus.  Well my bank account doesn't at least. 

Had done a demo on my system with an Ares previously - makes such a difference not to be buying blind.  Love the sound.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.