Three questions... Just got stax.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klankliefhebber

Reaction score
I received my STAX SR-207 + SRM-252s today, courtesy of [member=5047]aquarat[/member].

Herewith a foto of my headphone system as is at the moment.

The main setup is: USB from PC to Furutech ADL X1 Amp/DAC connected via Furutech iD35r to the SRM-252s which in turn drives the SR-207. You might also notice the Meze 99 classics which I use as my mobile headset, or for when I just want bass above all else. I bought the Senn. HD595 about 10 years ago for about R1200 to replace my Senn. HD202's which were my first ever decent headphones (got me hooked on better-than-Skullcandy sound). They (the 595's) have served me very well and I still impressed by how well they sound through any half-decent amp/source.

I just got the STAX today but I'm already enjoying them immensely. I haven't really ever listened to other higher-end headphones so, so I don't know how they would compare - but perhaps that's a good thing.

Now, I have three questions...

1. Do I count as an audiophile now?  :rubhands:

2. Is the Furutech iD35r a good RCA - 3.5 cable for connecting the DAC/Amp to the SRM-252s? I got it for free when I bought the Meze's. I don't know cables at all.

3. What would you consider the weakest point in the system? E.g. Where should I spend (other kindey's) my money next?

Regards,