MMCX Loose Connection FiiO FH5 IEM Solved

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithp

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
MMCX Loose Connection FiiO FH5 IEM Solved with 50cent ID4mm O-ring
This subject pertains to the following cable replacement: FiiO-LC-2.5B-MMCX-2.5MM BALANCED

When i installed this i noticed a 0.7/0.8mm gap vs the stock unbalanced cable, but the connector swiveled loose, i tried a ID3mm (1mm thick) o-ring but was too much, connector popped off, the ID5mm became lopsided helped but still too loose, the ID4mm seated correct perfectly stiff & connector secured electrically also keeps dirt out the gap.

Never purchase FiiO-RC-MMCX3B-2.5MM BALANCED cable for the FH5 or FH7 is an entirely different grade connector, besides being super swivel loose it rocks at an angle, i assume this replacement cable is for the 'smaller' FiiO range of IEMS, stunning thin black cable for OTG usage just a pity the connectors are different.

*I was surprised this gap developed between the stock un balanced cable vs replacement balanced, seems FiiO MMCX connectors can vary for the FH range.

Pics of gap on FB 'keith gregson'