Author Topic: Maverick Android TV Box  (Read 1655 times)

Offline jvr

Re: Maverick Android TV Box
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 06:07:28 AM »
Just on this point, will there be any merit in using a more advanced piece of tech, video-wise, than what your screen is specced to do? In this case the Maverick has HDR10, while my screen problably has one of the very early HDR versions (or I think it has HDR). Will there be an improvement. I am still using the Netflix app on the smart tv..
Lend me your ears

Offline jvr

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »
Just some feedback for whoever shops around for similar Android gadgets. This one is quite good. I have so far used it mainly to stream Deezer hifi via its Chromecast Built-In, which works flawlessly, and for DSTV, ditto. I still use my smart TV's Netflix app though and I do that for a reason..which is that I use its 4K UHD format plus its Digital Surround out from the TV to AVR, not the Maverick's because that optical out connects to my DAC for the music. Horses for courses. But, it is fast and works like a charm. I would assume at least on par with the Ematic, if not better/faster because of its slightly better specs.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 07:54:31 PM by jvr »
Lend me your ears

Offline Dolby

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 07:33:21 PM »
Just some feedback for whoever shops around for similar Android gadgets. This one is quite good. I have so far used it mainly to stream Deezer hifi via its Chromecast Built-In, which works flawlessly, and for DSTV, ditto. I still use my smart TV's Netflix app though and I do that for a reason..which is that I use its 4K UHD format plus its Digital Surround out from the TV to AVR, not the Maverick's because that optical out connects to my DAC for the music. Horses for courses. But, it is fast and works like a charm. I would assume at least on par with the Ematic, if not better/faster because of its slightly better specs.

It's very close .

Maverick does have a slightly faster processor - though you'll be hard pressed to see the difference between S905X and S905X2
It's got 1 x USB2.0 and 1 x USB3.0, which is quite cool
It does Gbit Ethernet - which is very cool

It lacks the SDcard though and stuck with 8GB storage .

Historically, the Mediabox products have little support and no upgrades - so will be interesting to see what happens here. Ematic has an upgrade path to Android 10

Interesting to note it's same manufacturer as the Ematic (and LIT actually)