Open Chat > Food & Drink

Espresso Equipment Suppliers

(1/6) > >>

optimus:
Hey guys.

I want to make this jump from bean to cup machines and get myself an espresso maker and the associated equipment.

Who in Johannesburg would be able to provide me with home barista equipment? My so far strictly online searches has led me to seriously consider Lelit machines and Eureka grinders.

Googling for entry level items mostly leads me to suppliers based in the Cape and I very much prefer to deal local as if something breaks, I am not one for packing into a box and booking a courier for repairs or services.

Wim:
Adriatic in Meadowdale has some serious machines

www.adriatic.co.za

DACMan1:
Lelit and Eureka would be a very good combo. onlinecoffeeshop.co.za is the importers (at least for lelit), so that is your only real option.

This is another grinder worth considering:
https://onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/coffee-grinders/grind-on-demand-coffee-grinders/coffee-essentials-single-dose-coffee-grinder/

The Lelit machines are very well priced locally when you compare international prices of different machines.

Taeke:
Lelit Mara X Individual Nera with Eureka Mignon Specialita Grinder

Spoil yourself with this bundle from onlinecoffeeshop and your grandkids will thank you.... :2thumbs:

Their service is exellant .... :thumbs:

LouisF:

--- Quote from: Taeke on August 05, 2021, 09:20:11 PM ---Lelit Mara X Individual Nera with Eureka Mignon Specialita Grinder

Spoil yourself with this bundle from onlinecoffeeshop and your grandkids will thank you.... :2thumbs:

Their service is exellant .... :thumbs:

--- End quote ---
Excellent equipment for the price, from what I hear/read.
My own experience with onlinecoffeeshop has always been positive.
I used to have a Baratza Sette 270 Wi and it is a really great machine. Once you dialed it in for the beans it always give you the exact weight of coffee, time after time. It does take some of the drudgery out of the process of brewing espresso. A bit more expensive than the Eureka model Taeke mentions above, but in my view worth it.
The Coffee-essentials single dose is also an excellent choice and about  two thirds the price of the Baratza.

I must also strongly recommend you register on web forums coffeegeek.com and home-barista.com where you might find some people with experience of the equipment you fancy.

Happy hunting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version