DIY & Tutorials > PC and related tutorials

Office for MacBook

(1/1)

Zubz:
Hi all I would like to hand down my MacBook to daughter for school,
Is macoffice the best office application for it ?

Thanks

dekardy:
Try office 365 instead. Maybe with a Family plan? Office 365 on the premise that you are referring to the older macoffice (Office for MAC?) version.

Alternatively LibreOffice but YMMV.  I've tried various versions and although they work I seem to always find my way back to MS Office.

Gohde:

--- Quote from: Zubz on August 03, 2021, 09:34:06 PM ---Hi all I would like to hand down my MacBook to daughter for school,
Is macoffice the best office application for it ?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I would also recommend Office 365 Family Plan. To add to the above: It is OS agnostic, so you buy Office365 subscription (R1500 annually for 5 users) and install and run it in any machine (Windows, MacOS, iPadOS, iOS, Android). It also includes 1TB of OneDrive storage per user (max. 5 users), my wife and mother-in-law are all using my plan and are able to install Office on multiple devices each and use a lot of backup storage.

If you’re getting a new machine and your MacBook goes to your daughter, you would basically both benefits from the upgrade. I bought it and then cancelled Dropbox which cost R1200 a year, so it was a no brainer.

chrisc:
Look on Carbonite.  Extreme savings on nearly all software.   I have bought from Letumkeys several times and for friends.  No hiccups

Zubz:

--- Quote from: dekardy on August 03, 2021, 10:07:33 PM ---Try office 365 instead. Maybe with a Family plan? Office 365 on the premise that you are referring to the older macoffice (Office for MAC?) version.

Alternatively LibreOffice but YMMV.  I've tried various versions and although they work I seem to always find my way back to MS Office.

--- End quote ---
thank you for response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version