Audio and Video Talk > Cable talk

It works - using Cat 8 cable instead of Cat 5 or Cat5e

<< < (2/19) > >>

chrisc:
Saw an ad today for a "snake" ethernet cable.  I thought this must be the ultimate product...

Maybe not 

Nikkel:
My home kitted out with cat7... the biggest or should I say smallest difference came from the switch. Got it from a friend in the IT space and never thought I'd need it until I ran out of ports on my router.

Everything "seems" much snappier... could also be Afrihost with the IPV6 rollout but I've re routed everything to run off the Cisco switch and quite happy with it!

Cat 8 quite a niche setup to have but I'll have a look quite soon...

pwatts:

--- Quote from: chrisc on July 31, 2021, 08:05:49 PM ---Saw an ad today for a "snake" ethernet cable.  I thought this must be the ultimate product...

Maybe not 

--- End quote ---

I love Ethercon. I use them where I can even if I know the likelikhood of people using Ethercon cable is low.
Unfortunately they are big, fairly expensive and needs external transformers and LED's that make them even bigger. It does offer better RF shielding (albeit fairly marginal) and a muuuuch better mechanical connection. No more fiddling with breaking plastic tabs, This is XLR-style mount.

ScottulusMaximus:
No just no.

That is not how networking works.

GECO:
Networks works the way pwatts says it works OK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version