Author Topic: GMI 4K player  (Read 1348 times)

Offline EJC

GMI 4K player
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:23:10 PM »
https://e-piphany.co.za/product/yamaha-bdu1000/

HI everyone… does anybody have any info on these players… never heard of this brand before?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline resham

Re: GMI 4K player
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »
It is brought in by Balanced Audio (Yamaha agents)
www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline resham

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 02:21:58 PM »
It does have a host of features incl Dolby Vision/HDR, Multi-region BD
www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline EJC

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 02:26:09 PM »
Looking to replace my Panasonic DMP-UB9000 as it does not support dolby vision… wondering if this would be a decent swop out…

Offline EJC

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 02:53:24 PM »
Apologies DMP-UB900

Offline resham

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 04:10:31 PM »
What display are you using ?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline EJC

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 04:54:39 PM »
What display are you using ?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Currently Samsung 55” QLED changing over to https://www.sony.com.my/electronics/televisions/x90h-series

Offline Charl4e

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 09:05:11 AM »
I bought one on sale from Takealot for just over R3,000.
My Samsung UBD K8500 4k player does not output Atmos on Netflix, so I thought this is player would be a solution. Clearly I was not thinking, just saw the special price and clicked on buy.
No Netflix option with this player.
Picture quality was way poorer than my 5y.o. Samsung, so it went straight back into the box and back to Takealot for a refund.

I would personally not recommend this one. A good BluRay player could outperform it.

Learnt the value of the Takealot return policy in the process. No quibbles, just your money back in less than a week.

Offline resham

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »
I didn't get to fully try the features though it is feature-laden one will need to see it in person.

PM me if you would like to view a demo first...
Resh
www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline EJC

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 08:22:16 AM »
I didn't get to fully try the features though it is feature-laden one will need to see it in person.

PM me if you would like to view a demo first...
Resh
Thanks I’ll let you know

Offline agies

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »
Hi Gents , anyone have new info on this units . I cant find any reviews on it.

Offline Steve

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 04:24:47 PM »
Hi Gents , anyone have new info on this units . I cant find any reviews on it.
When I was considering this player, I searched for reviews high and low - without any success. It's an unheard-of brand with what appears to be no international support or presence. I kid you not, there's simply no trace of GMI as an A/V brand overseas. There were simply too many unknowns about the product for me to be comfortable laying out more than R3k for it. Based on Charl's review above, I wouldn't touch the GMI with a ten-foot barge pole now - and I'm glad I didn't at the time. I suggest you rather look for a decent used 4K player.

Offline agies

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 07:35:20 PM »
When I was considering this player, I searched for reviews high and low - without any success. It's an unheard-of brand with what appears to be no international support or presence. I kid you not, there's simply no trace of GMI as an A/V brand overseas. There were simply too many unknowns about the product for me to be comfortable laying out more than R3k for it. Based on Charl's review above, I wouldn't touch the GMI with a ten-foot barge pole now - and I'm glad I didn't at the time. I suggest you rather look for a decent used 4K player.

Thanks for the reply.
Anyone using an Xbox one S for the purpose of playing uhd disks and how is it in comparison to a UHD player.

Offline Kshah

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:15 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Anyone using an Xbox one S for the purpose of playing uhd disks and how is it in comparison to a UHD player.

Anybody has experience with using a gaming platofrm asa  4k Player - or is it now de rigueur to stream 4k.
Shah