Aerial7 Sumo's - Quick Review

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crafty

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
They finally arrived. felt like ages, even though they are in fact a little early:)
Score out of 10:

Comfort: 10
Score by genre:

Grunge: 8 (Alice in Chains - Them Bones 192kbit)
D&B: 9 (The Qemist - S.W.A.G 320kbit)
Industrial: 7  (a Perfect Circle - Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums 192kbit)
Symphonic Metal: 8 (Turisas - Holmgard and beyond 192kbit)

Bass fairly tight. Sounds good at any volume. Almost blew a hole in my skull while testing Qemist - SWAG)
Higher frequencies feels a little uncomfortable at higher volume (over 80% of volume). Not sure if earbuds needs to run in like other speakers? I'm hoping it will improve a little.
I rarely listen that loud, but once in a blue moon i might just tweak that volume knob a little upwards.
For the Price of $39 I am very happy, and can obviously not expect it to move the earth. Beats the standard iPhone earphones by far! Sounds much better than a R200 set of Phillips in ears, or even a set of R350 skull candy's for that matter.

If you are looking for something that can stay in your ears all day or for long periods at a time without hurting your ears, and that offers really decent sounds, then these are recommended! in my books they beat the skull candies as well, which seems to have been designed with pill popping ravers in mind.

Value for money. 9/10 (That treble issue costs 1 point)

Overall score 8.5/10