Audio and Video Talk > Digital

iTUNES> TIME TO CHANGE. TOWHAT? HOW?

<< < (4/4)

tptb:

--- Quote from: francois_27 on September 02, 2021, 05:32:53 PM ---Anyone here done an a/b test between Apple Lossless and Tidal MQA?

--- End quote ---

Airplay (Apple) vs in app (Tidal) = easy win for Tidal, but that isn't an A/B as airplay is likely the issue.  As much as I am an Apple fan (watch, phone, ipad, mbp etc), their bloody minded refusal to integrate with anything other than their own equipment is frustrating to say the least.

On the phone to the PX7's - it was a fractional win for Tidal, but their user interface drives me insane, so would have ignored that.  Both well ahead of Spotify, which is sad, because it is the app I find works best.

Strangely my car loves Apple, sound quality definitely a step ahead of Tidal.  But not going to run a subscription for that. 

francois_27:

--- Quote from: tptb on September 03, 2021, 08:41:43 AM ---Airplay (Apple) vs in app (Tidal) = easy win for Tidal, but that isn't an A/B as airplay is likely the issue.  As much as I am an Apple fan (watch, phone, ipad, mbp etc), their bloody minded refusal to integrate with anything other than their own equipment is frustrating to say the least.

On the phone to the PX7's - it was a fractional win for Tidal, but their user interface drives me insane, so would have ignored that.  Both well ahead of Spotify, which is sad, because it is the app I find works best.

Strangely my car loves Apple, sound quality definitely a step ahead of Tidal.  But not going to run a subscription for that.

--- End quote ---

The user interface and recommendation algorithm of Spotify win hands down. The competitors (Tidal especially) need to work on the user experience, since it's such a big part of consuming music. Really hoping Spotify Lossless (HIFI) is coming to SA soon!

Air:
I am not sure if it has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but for streaming, I would definitely consider Deezer as a good option as well. It has a wide selection of music, even some very hard to find recordings and the price is very competitive and with its various tiers, I think it is a well-thought-through business model.
 :2c:

CoryV:
Sommer out of the blue?

You are a gentleman

But can I come and collect and you show me what to do? I will DM you in a day or so. Where are you? I'm in Halfway House

:drool: :Whoohoo:

And apologies for the delay :headbanger:

XL1000:
If you are addressing me I am in Roodepoort. - Please move to DM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version