cMP memory player and Asus Xonar Essence ST

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strainger

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
First post so hi to all  ;D

I'm trying to move into the pc-as-source realm. The obvious and easy solution seems to be a laptop with external soundcard/dac connected via usb (already ordered Musiland Monitor from Gert).

Me, I don't like things easy tho, so I insist on building a dedicated pc audio box. It seems to me that the time is just about right for this pc-as-source business with SSD's coming out, cpu's getting less and less power hungry (Intel I3 2100T at 35W), which (very soon, I hope) will allow for *cheap* fanless solutions.

Which brings me to my question: does anybody have any experience with the cMP memory player and/or cPlay software? (http://www.cicsmemoryplayer.com/index.php) Seems to be getting good reviews and makes sense to me (in some places  :-\).

And till the Musiland arrives so that I can start experimenting, any comments on Asus Xonar Essence ST/X sound cards? May be a good, affordable onboard option...