Author Topic: Whats on the TT...  (Read 333059 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: Whats on the TT...
« Reply #4155 on: April 11, 2018, 09:56:56 PM »
Can - Out Of Reach

The infamous Holger-less album.  Later disowned by the band then finally reissued on their sub-label.  Derided as ‘Can go Latin disco’ but actually a bit of an interesting album.  Other than ‘Like Inobe God’ it is not the deranged wanna hit thought of by many.  There’s three or four (out of seven) pretty good tracks (two of which could have improved Saw Delight or Flow Motion) and anyone other than Can would likely have been given decent reviews for it.  Not as disco as rumored and despite the terrible ‘Like Inobe God’ a decent listen (got it cheap as well so no expectations)
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Momo

« Reply #4156 on: April 11, 2018, 10:14:32 PM »
Can - Out Of Reach

The infamous Holger-less album.  Later disowned by the band then finally reissued on their sub-label.  Derided as ‘Can go Latin disco’ but actually a bit of an interesting album.  Other than ‘Like Inobe God’ it is not the deranged wanna hit thought of by many.  There’s three or four (out of seven) pretty good tracks (two of which could have improved Saw Delight or Flow Motion) and anyone other than Can would likely have been given decent reviews for it.  Not as disco as rumored and despite the terrible ‘Like Inobe God’ a decent listen (got it cheap as well so no expectations)
This me

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4157 on: April 14, 2018, 10:57:34 PM »
Prism Tats - Mamba

Second album by a Durban musician working out of LA.  As with some of the more critically acclaimed SA artists of recent times (Blk Jks, Spoek Mathambo, BCUC), he gets a lot more interest overseas than here, is signed to a good label (ANTI- ) who have some class acts on their roster (Neko Case, Dream Syndicate, Calexico and Wilco spring to mind) and chances of hearing his music on SABC radio stations must be close to zero.  Anyway, nice indie with some dream pop moments and thoughtful lyrics.  Available on Bandcamp and on vinyl from Khaya while they have copies (they sold out of his first album before I could get a copy)
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline tangmonster

« Reply #4158 on: April 17, 2018, 11:03:15 AM »
Managed to get my hands on one of the re release of Krushed & Sorted - Acid™ Made Me Do It.

I remember having that album on tape in my car back in earl 2000's late nights in Cape town.

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4159 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
Fitted the Stanton 680EL to the SL1200 running at 2g tracking and 1g antiskate.  The word on the net is use this DJ cart at minimum tracking (2g) and enjoy the bass response and dynamics.  I cannot disagree.  Test music?

On-U Sound ‘Pay It All Back Vol 3” A bit of Dub Syndicate, some Strange Parcels, African Head Charge, Mark Stewart, Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry (The Upsetter) and more.  Bristol/Jamaica/UK music of note perfect for a nice evening chilling.

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #4160 on: April 19, 2018, 05:53:37 PM »

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

Exclame 150|Vivere|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Sonor Claro

Offline JonnyP

• Gearslut Pro
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4161 on: April 19, 2018, 06:20:24 PM »
^^^Khaya Records latest bid or buy auction has the compilation of early singles and EPs on it.  Goes nicely with the first album if you haven’t already got them

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #4162 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
^^^Khaya Records latest bid or buy auction has the compilation of early singles and EPs on it.  Goes nicely with the first album if you haven’t already got them
Saw it but grading isn't very good. Have the Some Girls Wander by Mistake box set on route.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:40:56 PM by FranZAR »

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #4163 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #4164 on: April 20, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »

Withholding Pattern - John Surman - Auf transparente Weise undurchsichtig #ecm #redwine #fridaymood

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline adrian111

« Reply #4165 on: April 22, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »

Offline MMitch

« Reply #4166 on: April 22, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »

Offline MMitch

« Reply #4167 on: April 22, 2018, 06:30:42 PM »

Offline adrian111

« Reply #4168 on: April 22, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »
Brubeck... :groovy:

Offline Aqualung

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • It's all about the music, really...
    • Bokdrolletjies
« Reply #4169 on: April 22, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »

...just kidding! What I am really listening to: Art Tatum - Piano Solo. #vintage #vinyl #jazz #sundaysessions #redwine

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...