Author Topic: Whats on the TT...  (Read 642182 times)

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
Re: Whats on the TT...
« Reply #7590 on: October 17, 2020, 06:44:24 PM »
And now a bit of an energy blast from one of my favourite NDW bands:

Ideal - Ideal

Female fronted pop/punk/new wave goodness from the NDW stable.  On Klaus Schulze’s Innovative Communications label and sadly available in bargain bins at record fairs across Germany if you are looking.
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #7591 on: October 18, 2020, 10:08:57 AM »
Esbjörn Svensson Trio
E.S.T. Live in London
ACT Germany 2018

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Exclamé 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Moth Audio MK808|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Cardas|Sonor Claro

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #7592 on: October 18, 2020, 11:06:53 AM »
Esbjörn Svensson Trio
E.S.T. Live in London
ACT Germany 2018

Such a great record

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #7593 on: October 18, 2020, 11:32:01 AM »
Donald Fagen
Sunken Condos
Reprise Records EU 2012

Exclamé 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Moth Audio MK808|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Cardas|Sonor Claro

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #7594 on: October 18, 2020, 12:06:51 PM »
Tsuyoshi Yamamoto with Ray Brown
Smoke a Moto's Blues
Yupiteru Records Japan 1979

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #7595 on: October 18, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »
Toshiko Akiyoshi
Her Trio Her Quartet
Limited Edition #165
Doxy Records EU 2016

Offline Rnwza

« Reply #7596 on: October 18, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Music is essentially useless. As life is." - George Santayana

Offline MusicMan_ZA

« Reply #7597 on: October 18, 2020, 06:36:26 PM »
Dollar Brand - Underground in Africa. Side A: Kalahari. Brilliant music. KRS 114. And yes, this little Lenco is now good enough to play one of my most precious records! Easing into Sunday evening, and out of the weekend…

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline Katji

« Reply #7598 on: October 18, 2020, 06:43:50 PM »
Mine got misappropriated.  Bastard still has them all.  I didn't have that one though, seems it might even be earlier...doesn't show the name change.

Offline Drifter

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
« Reply #7599 on: October 18, 2020, 08:38:22 PM »

There are two events in my life that stand out amongst many. The one is when I was 13 and I was allowed to take my bmx to go the movies for the first time on my own. My buddies and I had a bmx gang, there were 5 of us. On that particular Saturday we road our bmx's through the streets of George, our shirt tails flapping in the wind. We went to see "Remo William: The adventure begins" starring Fred Ward. This must have been 1986 give or take and back in those days The Grand Cinema was a big place for a 13 year old. Before the movie started I vividly remember Jennifer Rush's Ring of Ice blaring through the speakers, it was the first time that I heard it. That song still remains my freedom song and every time I listen to it, the feeling I felt that day is conjured up.

The second is when is when I was 18 and one of my best buddies got his driving licence and 4 of us went to Stilbaai for the easter weekend. His dad had an immaculate VW Beetle SP, a yellow one with a black stripe. All the way from George to Stilbaai we had Belinda Carlisle's Runaway Horses on repeat in the tape deck. Listening to this one this afternoon is super nostalgic and brought back memories of how much anticipation I had to enter the adult world, back then the world was still magical to me and I had such dreams and hopes for the future.

My listening room has been going through some remodelling. I have had very little time this past month to hook everything back up again and this afternoon I unboxed a brand new set if Bentley FS120's. The room is still in shambles but the the TT and amp was connected and I sat listening for 2 hours as the Bentley's start their audio adventure and progressively started to loosen up with the music sounding better en better as each track progresses.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:46:43 PM by Drifter »

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #7600 on: October 19, 2020, 06:31:53 PM »
Mick Karn - Dreams of Reason Produce Monsters

Effectively a Japan get together after the band.  All members are present on at least one or two tracks and along with David Sylvian’s solo work in the late eighties really shows what they could achieve as a bunch of mates/relatives without the pressure of being a band (my opinion). @fdlsys probably has this but otherwise should (along with Titles)

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #7601 on: October 19, 2020, 06:41:50 PM »

@fdlsys probably has this but otherwise should (along with Titles)

Actually, I don't :(
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline JonnyP

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #7602 on: October 19, 2020, 06:46:04 PM »
^^^Seek it out on streaming then find a copy! It is very ‘Red Guitars’, ‘Down to Earth’ and ‘Tin Drum’ with nice found sound/field recording bits.

Offline MusicMan_ZA

« Reply #7603 on: October 19, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »
“Just When We Start Making’ It” : Tower of Power - Back to Oakland. Warner Brothers, 1974. BS2749. Turntable rotation time! Giving this beautiful old lady (she is called Sayoko) a workout: Technics SH11-P3 with an Infinity Black Widow arm and Shure cartridge.  As the sun draws water near the end of a good Monday, some good music and some good red wine.

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #7604 on: October 19, 2020, 08:17:37 PM »
^^^Seek it out on streaming then find a copy! It is very ‘Red Guitars’, ‘Down to Earth’ and ‘Tin Drum’ with nice found sound/field recording bits.
I've listened to lots of Mick Karn, Barbieri and Steve Jansen. Deezer to the rescue. It's all from the same Sylvian recipe book, I like it.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis