Author Topic: Whats on the TT...  (Read 510857 times)

Offline Jacque

Re: Whats on the TT...
« Reply #6135 on: December 08, 2019, 08:22:38 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #6136 on: December 10, 2019, 12:57:38 PM »
Bri-li-ant

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6137 on: December 10, 2019, 01:35:23 PM »

The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #6138 on: December 10, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

Love this one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exclame 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Sonor Claro
Yamaha RX-A2050|Panasonic 65"|MA Silver 200|MA Silver C150|Polk RC60i

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6139 on: December 10, 2019, 03:37:39 PM »
Last one before "Hello darkness..."

Online JoziNic

« Reply #6140 on: December 11, 2019, 05:02:34 PM »

Kings of Leon - WALLS

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline findgord

« Reply #6141 on: December 11, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »

Kings of Leon - WALLS

Sir you are a vinyl addict and I dont mean that in a bad way. If I'm out of line I apologize for posting here. Just wandering which phono stage with settings you are using with that sumiko mc high output,(looks like)? Thanks

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Online JoziNic

« Reply #6142 on: December 11, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Online JoziNic

« Reply #6143 on: December 11, 2019, 07:04:08 PM »
Sir you are a vinyl addict and I dont mean that in a bad way. If I'm out of line I apologize for posting here. Just wandering which phono stage with settings you are using with that sumiko mc high output,(looks like)? Thanks

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Weíre all addicts down here friend! youíre spot on, Sumiko Blue Point No2, high output MC cartridge, thatís running into an Edwards Audio MM1 phono stage tuned specifically for the Sumiko BP2

Online MusicMan_ZA

« Reply #6144 on: December 11, 2019, 07:46:00 PM »
Tonight, at Pete Fountainís French Quarter Inn in New Orleans, there is Standing Room Only. And, over here at my place, there is electricity!!! (that is, until 10pm, then it goes off.)

I love music - analog and digital. Even listening to the Blues makes me happy. During the day I coach and counsel, after hours I indulge in my second passion - listening to vinyl and restoring turntables. Some I keep, some I sell...

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #6145 on: December 11, 2019, 07:53:31 PM »
Weíre all addicts down here friend! youíre spot on, Sumiko Blue Point No2, high output MC cartridge, thatís running into an Edwards Audio MM1 phono stage tuned specifically for the Sumiko BP2

Friday might reveal a few surprises...
Exclame 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Sumiko Pearwood|Vivere|Sonor Claro
Yamaha RX-A2050|Panasonic 65"|MA Silver 200|MA Silver C150|Polk RC60i

Offline findgord

« Reply #6146 on: December 11, 2019, 07:57:22 PM »

Thanks friend I will check it out. My pro-ject tube box with dynavector 10x5 is sounding uninspiring

Offline findgord

« Reply #6147 on: December 11, 2019, 08:05:03 PM »
Friday might reveal a few surprises...

intriguing....

Online JoziNic

« Reply #6148 on: December 11, 2019, 08:19:35 PM »
Thanks friend I will check it out. My pro-ject tube box with dynavector 10x5 is sounding uninspiring

Tube box S? Or phono box? If Tube Box S, Iíd expect it to be very inspiring with the valves? Both my Edwards phono stages have been superb with the Sumiko (on my Edwards table)...Friday We are fitting the Sumiko to my SLQ2 to see where it sounds best. Will be interesting to see what how the phono sounds with different table/sumiko

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #6149 on: December 11, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »

If box S try 51 dB gain and 47k.  Unfortunately 2k is too low.  Desired would be 17-20 k but itís not a big deal and the box doesnít offer that.

Croak Audio
Analogue by birth, digital by design. Mostly a StereoType though known to enjoy some Mono too https://wa.me/27835651236?text=AVF%20 http://www.croak.co.za