Author Topic: DSTV sound issue  (Read 215 times)

Offline 70007

DSTV sound issue
« on: June 11, 2021, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi. I have a sound issue through my system, it was playing perfectly last night and today after work I get this very bad sound through the decoder. Normal music on a channel is okay, but the voices are very much muted. If I out the avr (denon 3600) in stereo it sounds good again, but any other sound mode have the muted voices. This is only with dstv, Netflix, Youtube etc all play perfect sound.

DSTV on all other stations (bedroom, braai area) are perfect and they’re from the same decoder. So this leads me to believe its a setting on my avr, just not sure how this happened since it was fine yesterday still. Only difference is it was cleaning lady day today so something might have been pressed or moved or something!

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yossarian

Re: DSTV sound issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 03:17:59 AM »
Connection to centre speaker? Maybe cable came loose?

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 03:48:38 AM »
From a DStv decoder? Or DStv app? As the app only delivers stereo to my knowledge

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline 70007

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 08:22:03 AM »
Connection to centre speaker? Maybe cable came loose?
Bingo!! Feel like such an idiot. So obvious. Thanks

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 08:41:09 AM »
Cleaning ladies and audio equipment are incompatible.  Our one does not go close than 1 metre with the vacuum (she loves to use this) to any of it

I have often thought that a Health and Safety warning should be affixed to these motorised household cleaning devices
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline 70007

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 08:52:38 AM »
Cleaning ladies and audio equipment are incompatible.  Our one does not go close than 1 metre with the vacuum (she loves to use this) to any of it

I have often thought that a Health and Safety warning should be affixed to these motorised household cleaning devices
Yes our one knows not to get close but I think her ocd for cleaning got the better of her yesterday since I could see everything on the cabinet were spotless. Will have to remind her again

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 11:16:52 AM »
Ditch both DSTV and your helper
HT: Marantz AV7705|RMB1585|RMB156|RB956 Optoma UHD40| Nvidia Shield
Stereo: Mark Levinson No 380s, 335| Cary Audio 200 TS| Bluesound Node
Speakers: B&W 802 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond|  B&W ASW850 and Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers | 685 and DS3 surround |4x CCM