Author Topic: Mixtapes FTW  (Read 268 times)

Offline johan.pretorius

Mixtapes FTW
« on: June 10, 2021, 10:17:50 PM »
I bought some used chrome tapes with the idea of recording my own selection of music. But this mixtape blew me away, I'm going to leave it as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no better idle time than Thorens time.

Online stevanbuxt

Re: Mixtapes FTW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »
I bought some used chrome tapes with the idea of recording my own selection of music. But this mixtape blew me away, I'm going to leave it as is.

Yowza

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Offline johan.pretorius

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:38:47 AM »
I should have added that it's a Sony UX turbo 90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ELDqHmfSM - from 07:10

Offline M.H.Hugo

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 03:59:43 PM »
That was really interesting Johan. I bought a good number of previously loved (and really cared for) cassettes from a great guy in Cape Town. He had used a Tandberg 440 to record them over the years. They comprised type Is and IIs. It turned out that he had very good taste in 80-90s contemporary music. 70s as well. And he knew how to drive that Norwegian machine!!  So, for very many of these cassettes, I have elected to keep them as-is and enjoy this unique compilation albums.

The Sony UX Turbo was a great cassette (as still is). It was a standard UX in a very robust, heat resistant shell.  Many that I came across were Italian made, or in France at the excellent Dax plant. I'm thinking of a standard Italian UX right now that is simply breathtaking...a recording made on an Alpage AL-50. It's a recording of Horner's soundtrack from Titanic, a Mobile Fidelity Gold CD. Direct link from a Kenwood DP-3080 Classic to an Alpage AL-50 via Van den Hul 102/2s.
A minor effort for a great result. 

Offline M.H.Hugo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 05:06:17 PM »
postimages.org

Offline M.H.Hugo

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 05:22:33 PM »
url=https://postimg.cc/CdZ6jDq

Offline johan.pretorius

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 07:50:11 AM »
That was really interesting Johan. I bought a good number of previously loved (and really cared for) cassettes from a great guy in Cape Town. He had used a Tandberg 440 to record them over the years. They comprised type Is and IIs. It turned out that he had very good taste in 80-90s contemporary music. 70s as well. And he knew how to drive that Norwegian machine!!  So, for very many of these cassettes, I have elected to keep them as-is and enjoy this unique compilation albums.

The Sony UX Turbo was a great cassette (as still is). It was a standard UX in a very robust, heat resistant shell.  Many that I came across were Italian made, or in France at the excellent Dax plant. I'm thinking of a standard Italian UX right now that is simply breathtaking...a recording made on an Alpage AL-50. It's a recording of Horner's soundtrack from Titanic, a Mobile Fidelity Gold CD. Direct link from a Kenwood DP-3080 Classic to an Alpage AL-50 via Van den Hul 102/2s.
A minor effort for a great result.

Welcome back, and thank you once again for the interesting feedback.   :thumbs: