Author Topic: Zorloo Ztella MQA  (Read 309 times)

Offline warick_wrx

Zorloo Ztella MQA
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:08:17 AM »
Hi

Just a quick review !

Basically I was in the market for something to improve the sound quality and volume output from my current smartphone. I wanted to use a standard 3.5mm jack interface normal wired connection. However the phone has no 3.5mm jack and only supports USB-C. I also wanted something as compact as possible. So I Decided on trying a Zorloo Ztella MQA usb DAC cable. I must say I am rather impressed so far. I found there to be a vast improvement over my standard (cheap) current connection using a usb-C to 3.5mm converter. I am not a audiophile by a long shot but. But for me this solution ticks all the boxes. Already tested the MQA feature with Tidal and it works.

Cheers

Online mr_b

Re: Zorloo Ztella MQA
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:54:47 AM »
I had mine for over a year now. It isn't perfect, but then I find it unfair to compare it to full size DACs when it's so tiny. For what it is it's an excellent replacement for the horrible dacs contained in just about all mobile phones. Mine is doing regular duty driving a set of Sennie 500 cans.
It's not about the gear, it's about the music... ok ok... it about the gear... no no the music... buuuuuuttt... oh the gear..

Offline BigBassRob

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »
Which smartphone is that?
Valve Audio Exclame 100
Audiolab M-DAC
KEF LS-50
Denon AH-2000

Online mr_b

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 06:11:31 PM »
Most mobile phone dacs are rotten, even those found in the latest Samsungs & iPhones. The only exception(s) I'm aware of are some of the LG models, particularly the V & G-series sporting ESS dacs, with the latest G6 model containing "Hi-Fi Quad DAC Audio". Watch the video below for more info. The G6 is on my next phone shortlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HZTVo2MxeM
It's not about the gear, it's about the music... ok ok... it about the gear... no no the music... buuuuuuttt... oh the gear..

Offline warick_wrx

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:14:28 PM »
Phone I am using is a Huawei P30 Pro ! I installed the paid android app "eXtreme Usb Audio Player Pro" as suggested by Zorloo.

Online mr_b

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 06:52:33 PM »
I'm using the same software with my with a P20 Pro. It's the only way to access the bit perfect MQA decoding with the Ztella.