Author Topic: Best video/sound option for media PC  (Read 3181 times)

Offline tangmonster

Re: Best video/sound option for media PC
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 08:06:51 AM »
Since even vlc won't work in more than stereo it seems a bit odd. Is there any settings on the sound card software properties?

I am starting to grab at straws here , but getting vlc to work in 5.1 seems like the first option before worrying about the codec settings further.

Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase with the codec reinstall.

Good luck

Offline Enigma_2k4

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
Dam, it actually makes perfect sense now. I've NEVER managed to get the DTS or dolby digital working unless i pop in an original DVD. And that goes for both creative cards I have (my gaming machine has a Creative X-Fi Elite).

Alright, time for the bin then, seems I will be upgrading!

No stress on the Codec thing TangM, I needed to do it anyways to make 100% sure or I just wouldn't have felt right about ordering a new card. I will start the hunt soon as per Tachyon's suggestion.

Offline Enigma_2k4

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »
I ordered a HD5670 off take2, should arrive early next week then hopefully all my issues are sorted out!

Does anyone want a 9600GT and Creative X-Fi extreme audio? :P

Offline frikkie

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Since even vlc won't work in more than stereo it seems a bit odd. Is there any settings on the sound card software properties?

I am starting to grab at straws here , but getting vlc to work in 5.1 seems like the first option before worrying about the codec settings further.

Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase with the codec reinstall.

Good luck

Strangely, on my media PC vlc refuses to do 5.1, but WMP and MPC works just great.
Sometimes I drink a glass of water... Just to surprise my liver.