Bookshelf speaker recommendations?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symbolofmylife

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am considering moving my record listening space, but in order to do this I will need to buy some bookshelf speakers for space requirements.

Well, I am either gonna move my setup to a new space, or just create a new separate space with additional TT. Will see.

Anyway, I am looking for recommendations on as-decent-as-possible bookshelf type powered speakers. I am designing a display space for where all these goodies will go which I think will work, so I dont have space for an amp in there as well, or floorstanding speakers. Those will remain in the current space for the TV and so on.

My budget is, say between R2-R5k on the extreme max side. I know it's not much but that's what I've got to work with.

I see a lot ot people referencing Edifiers but some say they're decent, and others that they aren't so I dont know. I saw some on sale here which is a decent price considering other suppliers, but not sure if that'll be the best buy in my budget.

Anyone on here that use bookshelf speakers in that price range can can give some guidance?