Audio and Video Talk > Computers & Networking

Can't access routers GUI page via ethernet.

(1/5) > >>

Crankshaft:
I have  a TP-Link Archer C2 router.

In the process of setting of guest accounts, parental controls etc, I need to connect to the routers webpage by Ethernet cable, as doing this by wifi is a pain as I keep on losing the connection when changing wifi names etc.

Trouble is that when I connect the cable to my laptop, it won't allow me to connect:

Errors 403 forbidden!
There is more than one person logged onto the router.

Yes, I have turned off my PC's wifi.

Whilst on the topic, are there better ways to control kids access to the wifi?
I would also like a router that allows me to turn the wifi off at night.  I find that I sleep so much better.

Trompie67:
I always battled with TP-Link. The more static IP addresses, more rules, access times etc. you implement the quicker the router falls over as it just cannot cope.

I do not know your specific router, but in our setup I have installed Adguard Home. Blocks adverts, trackers, malware & can also block adult sites.

We use an Amplifi mesh system, & it has the ability to group certain devices & you can then control wi-fi access times etc. Perfect to control kids access times.

Crankshaft:
My head is spinning trying to figure this out.
Will I require a separate computer to handle this.
I would like an on-router solution.

--- Quote from: Trompie67 on April 27, 2021, 12:23:07 PM ---I always battled with TP-Link. The more static IP addresses, more rules, access times etc. you implement the quicker the router falls over as it just cannot cope.

I do not know your specific router, but in our setup I have installed Adguard Home. Blocks adverts, trackers, malware & can also block adult sites.

We use an Amplifi mesh system, & it has the ability to group certain devices & you can then control wi-fi access times etc. Perfect to control kids access times.

--- End quote ---

Crankshaft:
I have a NUC.  Will this work to run AdGuard Home.

Anyone in Cape Town able to assist?

chrisc:
I have seen this scenario

After an hour or more of messing about, I inserted a reset pin into the hole and started again.   Then it came right

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version