Android Auto - 24bit audio

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eish

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
For those of you with Android auto - I have been trying to find a way to stream 24bit files to my car head unit.  I can do this with USB stick no issues.  But in the process I found that the audio from your phone via USB - Android Auto to your radio is quite inferior to that from a USB stick to your head unit.  If you have FLAC ripped from CD, try it out and be ready for a huge disappointment.

At this point, I am keen to test a portable USB DAC connected via AUX - but this defeats the convenience of android auto.

Last - If the phone USB connection is limited to 16bit/44Khz (or 48Khz), why does Tidal display the Masters logo when I stream to the car head unit?  Should it not do what it does when you stream via bluetooth?  It seems a bit misleading.  Also - when using the UAPP app - it shows that the Master is being downsampled to 16bit but it can go up to 1700kpbs (which makes me think it sampleing at 48Khz).  So, Tidal should display hifi and not Master.

Latest posts