Author Topic: Headphone stand  (Read 342 times)

Offline naughty

Headphone stand
« on: April 10, 2021, 11:08:18 AM »
i landed my self a set of Sennheiser HD599 from my buddies at Govan Mani - the headphones are pretty decent and not a million miles away from the higher end models in the HD600 range even though they are noticably lower end - but still a decent pair of entry level headphones

So i was visiting a friend and we went into his basement snooker room where he had removed his snooker table and instead got himself a Chinese Pool table as well as an American 9 ball pool table (both of which are smaller than a snooker table but larger than your regular 8 ball pool tables) - and i noticed something lying in the corner

i think it makes for a pretty decent headphone stand - the only concern is that it might stretch the band and make the clamp force a bit lower - but i'm trying to be as careful as i can in regards to that when putting it on and removing it

its from a game called Kill Zone and was part of a playstation game - i originally wanted a chrome terminator skull with the red eyes but those things are impossible to find in a realistic size anymore - that looks something like this

since i couldn't do the terminator skull - this Killzone thingie seems like a decent second prize  :dance:  :groovy:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:13:49 AM by naughty »

Offline Nikkel

Re: Headphone stand
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 11:23:04 AM »
Haha! That's brilliant!

Offline naughty

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 11:54:12 AM »
Haha! That's brilliant!

thanks

actually here's a better pic of the terminator idea - still gonna try and sort this out too - ive been after that terminator one for over 10 years now - would love to get one of those

Offline dan duette

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 09:23:22 AM »
I'd be careful with that Killzone head if I was you, the headband seems pulled wide open on there. Nothing worse than headphones that slide all over the place when you use them due to too little clamping pressure in the headband. IMHO.

Offline johan.pretorius

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
Looks amazing, but as others said, the headband stretches way too much.

Could be a good idea for a new pair of headphones, though:

https://sennheiserusa.happyfox.com/kb/article/134-what-do-i-do-if-the-headband-of-my-headphones-is-too-tight/
There is no better idle time than Thorens time.

Offline goldfritter

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 10:00:13 AM »
thanks

actually here's a better pic of the terminator idea - still gonna try and sort this out too - ive been after that terminator one for over 10 years now - would love to get one of those

/snip
You could probably get that 3D printed. Then you would just need to paint it. It might be worth searching Thingiverse for something that could work.

Offline kamikazi

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 10:12:16 AM »
You have to be careful, that headphone design from Sennheiser is prone to cracking if put under too much strain.

Offline naughty

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »
thanks for all the advice - will be careful about using the head as a stand  :thumbs: