Author Topic: Best place to sell 2nd hand high end audio gear.  (Read 1642 times)

Offline juventino

Re: Best place to sell 2nd hand high end audio gear.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 12:45:10 PM »
The best persons to ask how good various DAC's are....wellll  fricking nobody  :ROFLMAO:
Everybody's turd is a diamond  :Whoohoo:

Only one way....set them all out and have a DAC shootout. Ask a guy like MariusC on this forum, he had: Brinkman, Levenson 30.x, IfI Pro, dCD Puccini, dCS Vivaldi, Gryphon, Nyquist, MSB and 4 box dCS stack ALL together on various very high end amps/preamp/speakers.

About the ONLY person in the country that can comment on it. I heard parts of it, but Im iFi dealer so will be perceived as biased. Ill say this. The iFi Pro (R50k) is NOT a match for Vivaldi or Bartok (R300-900k). BUT its a 9/10 vs 9.2/10 score  :sweat:

As a dealer you are bound by a code of ethics not to rate a score higher than 8.9/10 for any product you deal with....hahahaha

Offline PsyCLown

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 01:42:48 PM »
If not these AV Forums, then AVSA, Carbonite and maybe a specific group on Facebook (not the market place).

I would avoid OLX, Gumtree and FB Market place and most of the FB audio groups as its full of people worshipping Technics gear from who knows when...
Amps: Building 2x Geco Audio Vanguard amps
DSP: MiniDSP NanoAVR HDA & UMIK
Speakers:Some Paradigm floorstanders
Sub: JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed enclosure
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 LE

Offline Charl4e

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 07:22:37 AM »

Offline Yossarian

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 07:38:39 AM »
@Francois I second dac shoot out idea. If only there was a room with really nice speakers and amps to test these DACs???

Offline Francois

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 09:59:22 AM »
When we all vacinated and safe Ill resume the twice yearly shootouts. The high end DAC will be tough as I have access to about 4 of the DAC's....]

But 1st will be the "Cable Revelation" day. I had it planned for last year March, we all know how that went.

Of course there is a new showroom, can easily fit 15 guys at a time  :thumbs:
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline achim

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2021, 10:48:32 AM »
@Francois........ I m sure Marius hasnt had a Brinkmann Nyquist II yet..but he has indeed a lot of fantastic gear.

I think Agaton said all what someone can say or write about this outstanding Brinkmann Dac/Streamer. Personally I think this Nyquist is made for
those among us who want or search for a result close or similar to the finest analog results - as from a truly excellent TT or Real to Real.
This often is required by guys of an older generation (as me) who lived their whole life mainly with turntables and LPs. For us digital was kind of suspicious for very long.....   I started streaming for myself with the Nyquist and I never thought I would.

There are plenty DACs out there which might sound more spectacular - but for me is my Nyquist the digital version of my Brinkmann Balance Turntable.

So we are in different worlds and we have different expectations - thats it. I f.e. cannot handle the sound of DCS - not that its bad or not worth the money - its simply a presentation of music I cannot share.  But again our taste is different.....

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:28 PM »
But 1st will be the "Cable Revelation" day. I had it planned for last year March, we all know how that went.

...and here we all believed that the CV began in Wuhan, China!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline mariusc

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 12:32:26 PM »
The DAC is only a portion of the digital equation. Proper clocking ( I mean something like the Cybershaft 10 M UPOCXO-OP20A/OP21A master clock) and digital cabling (I mean something like Siltec or Crystal), and many other factors come to mind.
Almost ready to treat my ears to the Boulder 2120 DAC ...

Offline Francois

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
I heard great things about Boulder! Then there is also the Chord Dave....
Aaah I forgot the EMMLabs XDS1  :nutter:

@achim - Maybe time the Nyquist II gets compared  :thinking: .  But not me, my system is NOT in the ultra league.

You are quite right, we all try to get as close to perfect analog sound as we can.... a vero good thing :-)
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline mariusc

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:44 PM »
Perfect analogue sound:

This one was delivered a couple of weeks ago.

Offline GoodEnoughGear

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 03:29:20 PM »
The best persons to ask how good various DAC's are....wellll  fricking nobody  :ROFLMAO:
Everybody's turd is a diamond  :Whoohoo:

Only one way....set them all out and have a DAC shootout.

I would be great to have a comparo between some mid-level (good) gear and some unobtanium (excellent) stuff to get some relative expectation about what that extra coupla hundred thousand actually gets you.

Then test how much alcohol you need to close the gap  :dop:.
Mobile: LG V60, CA Andromeda
Portable: LH Labs GO2A SE, KEF M500
Home: Soekris DAC2541, Genelec 8030+7050, HD600