Author Topic: Audioholics test of Speaker Cables  (Read 486 times)

Online Family_Dog

Audioholics test of Speaker Cables
« on: April 02, 2021, 10:18:28 PM »
Audioholics ran a fairly comprehensive test on speaker cables which is surely of interest to Human Audiophiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR12Ttuxobs

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Francois

Re: Audioholics test of Speaker Cables
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 11:05:22 PM »

I needed to see this. Would love to extend his test.

Well for starters.... he uses the about 7.8/10 Denon. Good amplifier...not exactly audiophile
The Revel speakers also mid-fi and sounds good.
His cables... Really the 8TC the best he could come up with ? That is NOT a great cable. It perfect for his system.
flip the guy's speakers are positioned all wrong....He will probably whip out his "tool" and measure and say, positioning doesn't make a difference.
And the rest of the k@k he measured ? At least TRY and borrow some crazy cable and measure...
that rant over...
I STILL have the invitation.
Come over and listen to 3 cables I have as demo (before covid ruined it all). If you CANT hear the difference, get a Sony Mgongo, and save SERIOUS money.  :ROFLMAO:

That said.
1. Im not claiming crazy cables are always better - lots of the time its not.
2. The difference ISNT huge, but very easy to hear (Ok some clients heard massive differences)
3. EVERY single person I had in my showroom heard a DIFFERENCE. Every one (Excluding hardegat conditioned forum wise arses that will for the sake of EGO not admit nothing  :sulky: [size=78%])[/size]
4. I counted now EIGHT forum unbelievers that after visiting me HEARD improvements and started upgrading their cable  :nutter:
5. I had at least 20+ clients last 6 months that I handed a bunch of cables (4 speaker, 4 IC) and ask them to go hear if it makes a difference. I dont tell them prices. I say its NOT for sale, Im just checking their systems ability to resolve detail.  :giggle:   All of them had a preference!!! Ya, I know, the placebo psychological k@k. Remember I told them all expensive, they cant save tons of money for Vinyl, TT, Streamers, ALL of which will make a bigger difference. So NO motivation to spend on cables
6. I CONSTANTLY fight with clients that want to buy R100k+ cables to at least listen to other products at 10% of the cost.
7. There is a TON of BS with cables. I terminate the damn things and my God! there is ripoffs like I have never seen. I think its THIS that makes people hate cable huggers.

Again, get in your car, leave your EGO at home, rather bring a Sambucca and come listen.
Its for the hobby guys. Flip man, some of the cables I love and recommend I dont even sell!  :ROFLMAO:  So NO hidden agenda's

I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline Vince MacMahon

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 01:34:30 AM »

Well for starters.... he uses the about 7.8/10 Denon. Good amplifier...not exactly audiophile
His cables... Really the 8TC the best he could come up with ? That is NOT a great cable. It perfect for his system.
flip the guy's speakers are positioned all wrong....He will probably whip out his "tool" and measure and say, positioning doesn't make a difference.
And the rest of the k@k he measured ? At least TRY and borrow some crazy cable and measure...
that rant over...
Come over and listen to 3 cables I have as demo (before covid ruined it all). If you CANT hear the difference, get a Sony Mgongo, and save SERIOUS money.  :ROFLMAO:

That said.
2. The difference ISNT huge, but very easy to hear (Ok some clients heard massive differences)
3. EVERY single person I had in my showroom heard a DIFFERENCE. Every one (Excluding hardegat conditioned forum wise arses that will for the sake of EGO not admit nothing  :sulky: [size=78%])[/size]
4. I counted now EIGHT forum unbelievers that after visiting me HEARD improvements and started upgrading their cable  :nutter:
5. I had at least 20+ clients last 6 months that I handed a bunch of cables (4 speaker, 4 IC) and ask them to go hear if it makes a difference. I dont tell them prices. I say its NOT for sale, Im just checking their systems ability to resolve detail.  :giggle:   All of them had a preference!!! Ya, I know, the placebo psychological k@k. Remember I told them all expensive, they cant save tons of money for Vinyl, TT, Streamers, ALL of which will make a bigger difference. So NO motivation to spend on cables
6. I CONSTANTLY fight with clients that want to buy R100k+ cables to at least listen to other products at 10% of the cost.
7. There is a TON of BS with cables. I terminate the damn things and my God! there is ripoffs like I have never seen. I think its THIS that makes people hate cable huggers.

Again, get in your car, leave your EGO at home, rather bring a Sambucca and come listen.
Its for the hobby guys. Flip man, some of the cables I love and recommend I dont even sell!  :ROFLMAO:  So NO hidden agenda's

Where’s the like button ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Marantz - B&W - SVS - AudioQuest

Offline stereoholic

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 12:38:53 PM »

that rant over...

That said.

I could not agree more.