R20k-R25k budget 4k projector or TV what say you??

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The kock

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hoezit!! I?m upgrading our little cinema area to 4k and don?t want to really spend more than the above. I?m quite comfortable with a second hand projector but not so much a second hand TV so I guess this is why they can compete quite nicely.

The room has blindes and we mostly watch at night anyway so A projector can work just fine.
There will be extra costs to install the projector and also to connect it, ie. Make it smart for streaming.

Just wanted some thoughts and to see if anyone else has gone down this road lately.

Bigger is always better but I would also like to see if I can upgrade to OLED or QLED as I don?t have that on my other 4k setup.

There are some nice projectors on the forum I can consider and already am looking at. 

Is there anything else I should look out for that really makes the experience better? I have realised with my other set that the processing power of the actual TV is becoming important as this can slow menu?s down or the TV sometimes freezes and this creates frustration. So any other tips will be welcomed. 

Not considering anything smaller than 65?

Sorry guys always on a budget [emoji1787][emoji1787]

[emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk