Cell phone trauma

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have had a stint of really bad luck with my mobile device. First my Samsung's screen packed up for no reason at all. I got that replaced. A month later I did a software update and the phone crashed - still to this day I am unable to get it fixed. I then used an old spare phone, a very basic one with cracked screen and all, just to be able to communicate until I became eligible to upgrade. I upgraded to a P40 Lite. I had it one week, nicely loaded up with Tidal and all that, and that got violently stolen yesterday just as I got into my car and was busy to fit my safety belt.

It is a awkward position to be trapped in the car with safety belt on while two young men attack you from outside via both front doors. It was a struggle, but they got away with the brand new phone. I realize this kind of thing happens to many people and happens everyday. Believe me it is rather traumatic to experience it. Many conflicting feelings about the fact that it could have been worse and at the same time replaying the incident in your head and thinking you could have done better to lock the doors and to have fought more aggressively. Getting into bed last night, it just kept on repeating in my head so I was awake until very late. I am not in a particularly good financial/job situation right now after Covid, so I have not yet taken out insurance on it. This means I have no phone, but will have to pay the monthly contract for the entire period. It is possible to get another phone, for double the monthly contract value that I don't think I can afford. The phone was an important tool to- and for whatever project I am able to get.

I am just rambling here, because it hurts. I think I might have to sell some stuff :-\