AVForums Website Logistics > Forum Problems? Discuss here.

Where did my ad go? Mods?

<< < (2/3) > >>

PAPPA3:
Thanks for moving the topic here.  But it is better left closed.

However, can is suggest if an ad lacks details, that the advertiser get the opportunity to fix the mistakes/omissions before being deleted?  The particular ad here is a grey area in that the seller asked me to sell it, but I wasn't sure of the value, all thigs considered

Curlycat:
Ai, please read the forum rules Brett.
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,82259.0.html

34. Adverts must have a price. No price and "What Offers?/Make an offer" type of wording is strictly prohibited.

MR.C:

--- Quote from: Curlycat on March 18, 2021, 08:39:24 PM ---Ai, please read the forum rules Brett.
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,82259.0.html

34. Adverts must have a price. No price and "What Offers?/Make an offer" type of wording is strictly prohibited.

--- End quote ---
I think there should be some exceptions where necessary, like in this case for example.

He is not trying to go against the rules, but the situation calls for assistance from forum members, and that is one of the reasons that we all are on here. First is to learn and second  is to help/assist others.

Just my 2c, hope its taken in the correct light.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

PAPPA3:
Thanks Mr C.  My sentiments exactly.  I'm helping a fellow forumite who is in KZN, and he has decided to sell the items.  I probably should have started in the General Discussion section.  My bad, but I saw it as a grey area, and had people suggested a price, we would probably just have gone with recommendations.

After the ad was deleted I DID PUT A REQUEST FOR ADVICE RE PRICING IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION, AND THE TOPIC WAS DELETED TOO

Makes little sense. 

I have seen many ads where people omitted the price.  Then they were allowed to add the price afterwards and the ad was not deleted.  So if the rules apply, then let's have them applied consistently.

I don't feel it is my responsibility to let the mods know that a price is missing or an ad is not complete.  I will not report ads unless they are seriously offensive.  I would much rather simply remind the advertiser to stipulate a price and leave his ad up.  He simply needs to mention a price.  After all he's gone through the trouble of listing the item.

The rules are very helpful to guard against abuse, but surely they can serve as guidelines.  A simple PM to the advertiser to request they stipulate a price is far more helpful than just deleting the ad. 

I will try now for a 3rd time to get some guidance by putting another topic in the general discussion section, then using the advice put the ad up as I should have in the first case.  Suppose it serves me right for taking a short cut  :giggle:

PAPPA3:
Ok, I did ask for advice in the general discussion section and 5 minutes later it's taken down.

No explanation. 

Can the power that be PLEASE explain what I need to do, or has a request for pricing guidelines now become a transgression?

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version