Evolution of music playback

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvr

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Firstly yes, yes, there are easier and better integrated solutions available..often touted here on this forum..but I am old school.

So we started with lp's and cassettes, moved onto discs, moved onto the big iTunes library thing, then onto flac on hard drive, and ended up with streaming Tidal.

Topic here is the integration of the latter two technologies. With an extended library I feel obliged to tap into that and not just relying on Tidal. So I have started a while back to migrate from iTunes and its Apple Lossless to flac on hard drive, played via a media player, and DAC. I have now selected the best of the best and started compiling various playlists, criteria being quality of music ito my taste, plus audio quality. If a song sounds inferior, it is out. Idea then that Tidal (or whatever streaming service) would substitute the rest, plus all new music.

Great journey of selecting these songs and incorporating them into new playlists. It feels like fine tuning a process I started when compiling my iTunes library..When I am done I would transfer to SD Card and play it from there (in between Tidal sessions), and retain the rest of my library on the hard drive as backup.

Latest posts