AV Amp Advice Please

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Star

Reaction score
Hi all,

Although I am new on the Forum, I have spent a considerable amount of time wading through the various posts & subjects and have found a lot of the advise and postings on this Forum to be of value. Hence my first post and to ask for some advice.

I am in the process of deciding which AV Amp to invest in. Having had a few Yamaha's (currently a RXV659) I am looking at the option of investing in another make.  I have identified a few and for now will not reveal what I may have in mind as I want too see what the Forum members will advise without any prompting from me!

My budget is around R 12000 - R 22000 and the Amp will be connected to the following speaker set-up:

Front- B&W 685
Rear - B&W 685
Sub - B&W ASW610
Centre - B&W HTM61
Front Presence ? pair of old B&W 603

The system would be used for around 60% of the time playing music, both CD and DVD and the rest of the time on movies. Music ranges from hard rock, classic rock,  blues, folk to classical (no ?radio friendly? pop music?.!).

I would appreciate your thoughts and advice taking the speaker setup into account.

I look forward to your various posts.

Thank you.