Author Topic: Pizza night  (Read 691 times)

Offline gapco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
Pizza night
« on: January 16, 2021, 10:22:19 PM »
Homemade deep pan pizza. All pizza have fresh red jam tomatoes and mozzarella cheese as a base, except for the focaccia.

One on the left is Oliva e aglio (olives and garlic). One on the right is Regina (ham and mushrooms)

Siciliana made with anchovies and capers.

Focaccia made with coarse sea salt, garlic and rosemary. The blackened pan is pre world war 2 and was used in wood burning ovens before it came to RSA.

Give me an espresso and nobody gets hurt....

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
Re: Pizza night
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 10:28:07 PM »
Signore... Speechless. :notworthy:
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 10:43:44 PM »
waoww  :-o 

...feeling inspired to go and do a frozen pizza but then I realised the elec is off.

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 01:10:19 AM »
waoww  :-o 

...feeling inspired to go and do a frozen pizza but then I realised the elec is off.

you are also in Morningside - were you also affected with no water for the whole of Saturday?

back to the topic of food - i see that you love your Italian dishes Mr gapco sir ..... it all looks brilliant   :thumbs:

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 06:03:12 AM »
Looks absolutely delicious!  :2thumbs:
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Offline Momo

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »
Lovely Regina is my favorite pizza  :thumbs:

Offline Katji

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 12:59:23 PM »
you are also in Morningside - were you also affected with no water for the whole of Saturday?

back to the topic of food - i see that you love your Italian dishes Mr gapco sir ..... it all looks brilliant   :thumbs:

No, Glenwood, lower Glenwood.  No, no water off problem then...however, I keep a 20l bucket in the bath, constantly aware of it, make sure it has at least 10l in it, because of that one time a few years ago when water was off for 2 days, and it sometimes happens in the building, because the water is pumped to the tanks on the roof, whihch depends on electricity - so sometimes on the generator, and perhaps sometimes because plumbing work causes it to be shut off.
Nothing worse than getting up in the morning and finding there is no water - no coffee [which means I'm sort of disabled], and no normal morning ablutions.

*  Back to the topic of food just now, and Italian.  :)

Offline gapco

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:50:17 PM »
@naughty. I am Italian.

To accompany the pizza we made a salad with lettuce, sliced cucumber,red and yellow cherry tomatoes and rocket leaves. Salad dressing was olive oil,red wine vinegar and salt.

Italian wine from the Tuscany region of course.

Desert was vanilla ice cream with a dash of amaretto liquor.

Followed by espresso using imported dark roast beans from Italy and made on a proper espresso machine.

@Katji. It's our turn for load shedding tonight.
Give me an espresso and nobody gets hurt....

Offline oradba69

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+8)
    • Lerange
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 04:49:50 PM »
Wowwww Nummmy.
Manufacturer of Audio Video furniture.
http://www.lerange.com

Offline Katji

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • #whenpeoplezol
    • jagasounds
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
:)  You can leave that signature line to me in your Will.
I don't speak in the morning until I've had the first coffee.
When I was in hospital for 12 days, the staff at the cafeteria called me Mr. Macchiato. The problem is that they wake you at 5:30 but the coffee only comes at 8:30. The shop opened before that.
I take sachets of Nescafe with me when I travel.
The addiction started when I stayed in London and 4 friends from Milan introduced me to espresso. So I got one of those classic stove-top espresso "machines" - I forget the name now, but you know what I mean.  The classic one. The delicatessen near my workplace ground the dark roast beans to suit.
And there was a coffee bar nearby, old-school, that gives a glass of water with the espresso.

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 06:27:00 PM »
No, Glenwood, lower Glenwood.  No, no water off problem then...however, I keep a 20l bucket in the bath, constantly aware of it, make sure it has at least 10l in it, because of that one time a few years ago when water was off for 2 days, and it sometimes happens in the building, because the water is pumped to the tanks on the roof, whihch depends on electricity - so sometimes on the generator, and perhaps sometimes because plumbing work causes it to be shut off.
Nothing worse than getting up in the morning and finding there is no water - no coffee [which means I'm sort of disabled], and no normal morning ablutions.

*  Back to the topic of food just now, and Italian.  :)

ah okay - my bad - i just remembered that it was somewhere in that vicinity though - we did not have any water for the whole of Saturday

@naughty. I am Italian.

To accompany the pizza we made a salad with lettuce, sliced cucumber,red and yellow cherry tomatoes and rocket leaves. Salad dressing was olive oil,red wine vinegar and salt.

Followed by espresso using imported dark roast beans from Italy and made on a proper espresso machine.

:thumbs: - Italians know how to eat well .... hence by extension know how to cook well too  :thumbs: - the rest of the meal sounds like it was awesome too  :2thumbs:

Offline TerminatorX

• AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 10:30:48 PM »
Amazing

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 08:30:06 AM »
@naughty. I am Italian.

@Katji. It's our turn for load shedding tonight.

Brings back memories ,my old man was from Sicily.
He was not a pizza fan but replace the pizza with pasta and all of the above is spot on right down to the salad dressing  :thumbs:

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.