Author Topic: My power amp blew a channel  (Read 671 times)

Offline Tzs503gp

Re: My power amp blew a channel
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:07:57 AM »
Anyone checked the fuses?

Offline SeanS

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 09:10:02 AM »
This might be a noob question, but - is there not a way to claim for the repair cost from insurance?

Don't think so, only iffy route would be accidental damage, if you have that cover.. then they cart it away and assess etc.

Offline Tzs503gp

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »
Interesting to note the similar build style to Madrigalsí Proceed HPA 2 amplifier of similar specification.

Offline PsyCLown

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
Who is Roland and where are you based?

A long as the components are still available, shouldn't be too bad. Really depends what is blown and how many components.
Amps: Building 2x Geco Audio Vanguard amps
DSP: MiniDSP NanoAVR HDA & UMIK
Speakers:Some Paradigm floorstanders
Sub: JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed enclosure
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 LE

Offline cybasoul

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 10:05:00 AM »
Roland (spelling might be wrong) used to work for HFX, still does fixes for them. He specializes with ML among other brands.

Im based in Buccleuch, Sandton area.

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

Offline cybasoul

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 10:07:22 AM »
I don't think it will be that bad to fix (assuming the output devices are still available). I was expecting a lot more output devices. The chances of a toroid needing replacement is very nearly zero. Worst case you are repopulating all the active components - labour will probably be the biggest cost.
Looking at how tight things look in there, labor was the first thing I thought of. But an electrical engineer will probably say you can land a jambo jet in it

Offline georgev

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 11:42:19 AM »
Roland is the person for the ML, and you will be surprised at how good he is and how affordable the repairs are, with him.
" For by Grace you have been saved through Faith..............It is the free gift of God". Ephesians 2: 8-9

Offline cybasoul

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 02:01:12 PM »
Roland is the person for the ML, and you will be surprised at how good he is and how affordable the repairs are, with him.
Roland is my one stop guy. Been taking my stuff to him for some time.