Author Topic: Samsung The Frame vs Q70?  (Read 214 times)

Online neilh

Samsung The Frame vs Q70?
« on: February 22, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
Compared to the Q70/Q80, it has Art mode, separate control unit and wall mount. Spec wise it seems to be almost the same as the Q70 panel.

Besides the added wife acceptance factor that it looks less like a TV, does it really command the 5-10k premium in SA on a 55" unit?

Offline JoziNic

Re: Samsung The Frame vs Q70?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »
IMO the TV that looks a piece of art is only so because of the image it displays (yes they may have a ďframeĒ around it) which if you REALLY wanted to you could go to bespoke frame shop to make you a frame with white board outlays aswell and just play any art images you have so that you donít think the TV is on...

For me itís a gimmick. For it to display art it has to be on and merely showing the images?  (which you can almost do on any smart TV and a bank of images off a USB ((or even wifi)) I stand to be corrected though.

But certainly not in my book is it worth the price tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Online neilh

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 03:17:50 PM »
Its a bit more intelligent than just displaying a picture. Can control contrast, lighting, colour, saturation etc. Also has a light and motion sensor so that power consumption is minimized

Think its probably a good idea and wait for a month or 3 to see what comes out as part of the 2020/2021 model range

Offline PsyCLown

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »
Not sure how practical something like this is really, at least for the average everyday person and home.

I can imagine such a unit serving as a double function in an apartment for an executive in Sandton or similar. In an average home though, not too sure. I certainly wouldn't pay a premium for it.
Amps: Building 2x Geco Audio Vanguard amps
DSP: MiniDSP NanoAVR HDA & UMIK
Speakers:Some Paradigm floorstanders
Sub: JL Audio 13w7 in a sealed enclosure
Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT770 LE