Author Topic: Thai Food Recipes  (Read 209 times)

Offline Josh7

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Junior Member
Thai Food Recipes
« on: February 18, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »
Does anyone on the forum enjoy Thai food?

Have you ever cooked a Thai meal?

What is your go to Thai food dish/recipe?

Looking into expanding my cooking skills.

Offline AdrianPowrie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Thai Food Recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »
Following this one for sure!

Haven't got much to share in terms of recipes, but we love Thai food, and so really want to start cooking at home...
'"I distrust camels and anyone else who can go a week without a drink...." ~ Rols

"The key to productivity is a sombrero, no pants, and 3 bottles of tequila." ~ Hector Elliot

Alberton/Jozi

Offline Kshah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »
Checkers has some nice Thai ingredients which have simple recipes on them.

Perfect for starting out.

If you have any good Asian/Indian or Gorimas spice shops they generally cheaper than the supermarkets.

Get yourself a T-Fal wok and bobs your uncle.

The only challenge is our gas stoves/hobs dont get as hot as what they use over there. but its close enough

Its easy peasy.
Shah

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 03:30:49 PM »
I've had a few experiences with Thai food (or at least that's what I was told I was eating).

Peanuts are a bar snack. Peanuts (actually ANY nuts) in food is simply  :puke: - likewise peanut butter (Who TAF cooks with that  :puke:)

Sprouts are also  :puke: - I won't even eat them in a salad ( :angrywife: insists on putting them in salad, hence beer is my salad).

The chili part I can get - I enjoy savoury & spicy. But the aforementioned nuts & sprouts put me right off & I've never bothered with it ever again.
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Online JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 06:44:35 PM »
Green papaya salad is the winner for me, it has got peanuts so Trompie would not like.  Never manage to find suitable papaya (Iím pretty sure it isnít unripe pawpaw as that was an unpleasant tasting attempt to find a version).

Red curry is fairly easy if you get the imported paste, usually has the recipe on the back too and instructions.
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....