DJ turntables vs Audiophile turntables

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehorse

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
You blokes know that i am pro Dj turntables and just wondering why there is this aversion to owing a dj turntable

I have had the pleasure of listening to and owning most major brands that are considered audiophile turntables but funny i keep going back to the trusted dj turntables for pure enjoyment and solid mechanics

Look i know there is reason why guys do opt for major brands over dj turntables and believe me there are Kak dj turntables out there but brands like Stanton and Technics are rock solid - weighing much more than a tinny Lenco

I would give my left sharry for a 1200/1210 and only wished i never sold my brand new sealed 1210 to Dean Wolf you lucky bugger - i now you are getting awesome use out of it... in my infinite wisdom decided a Linn sondek was the way to go until i decided to upgrade the power supply and almost choked on my black label when they told me how much it would cost - the price of a new dj turntable and as quick as i got the deck from Roy i sold her to the next oke

It is well documented that dj decks often can be modified to attach the latest RB range or similar and was just wondering if Hifi is actually - look what i got? Yes i will be adapting my Stanton or Technics(when she arrives) with an awesome tonearm....

So the question remains - Dj Turntable vs Audiophile turntable