Advice required on headphones selection

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce M

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello comrades, I'm not a headfi kind of guy (although the concept makes a lot of sense to me), but I need to purchase a pair for travel etc.

Up to now I was using a pair of wired Sony on-ears with my phone, but they got washed. Good news is the bass is far less muddy now, but it sounds a bit sterile.

So the main use will be travelling for work, i.e. flying, waiting at airports etc for music and movies. I would also likely use them in an open plan site office for calls etc, so the headset option with mic sound useful?

I think I would like the noise cancelling option with over-ear as it would be good for noisy flight etc.

I would use it mostly with my android phone and laptop, so anything particularly fancy would be wasted with these as a source, I would think? Although I do have a dragonfly black I use between my laptop and home office amp. I also have a USB-c to female USB lead to use the dragonfly straight into the phone.

Wireless sounds good, but then the battery life etc just adds complexity?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Latest posts