AVForums Website Logistics > Site Announcements

Downtime and SMF 2.0.17 update

(1/7) > >>

kay:
Hi folks!

Happy Monday :-) Apologies for the downtime; due to a gap in my monitoring, a server out-of-memory condition which had stopped the database engine caused a prolonged downtime for the site. We are back and I've taken the opportunity to bump SMF to 2.0.17. The new release contains mostly minor fixes including for some security issues. In the coming days I will be updating the monitoring to perform a deeper health check rather than the simple "is it up" test we have today. Any problems or concerns, please let us know below.

Regards,
Site admin

Marius De Kock:
Thanks for getting us sorted. Need my fix.

TimbaLand:

--- Quote from: kay on February 01, 2021, 09:31:11 AM ---Hi folks!

Happy Monday :-) Apologies for the downtime; due to a gap in my monitoring, a server out-of-memory condition which had stopped the database engine caused a prolonged downtime for the site. We are back and I've taken the opportunity to bump SMF to 2.0.17. The new release contains mostly minor fixes including for some security issues. In the coming days I will be updating the monitoring to perform a deeper health check rather than the simple "is it up" test we have today. Any problems or concerns, please let us know below.

Regards,
Site admin

--- End quote ---

I wish you wrote this on English but thanks for getting us back online

DeonC:

--- Quote from: TimbaLand on February 01, 2021, 09:57:02 AM ---I wish you wrote this on English but thanks for getting us back online

--- End quote ---

:ROFLMAO: :clap: Totally agreed.

kamikazi:
Thanks for the upgrade! Did a DB restart not resolve it immediately? The "DB is up" check usually makes my number 1 on the monitoring list :)

If there was some odd load spikes yesterday afternoon it would probably have been me frantically checking whether the F5 button was doing its thing or not?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version